The fee for a zoning permit is $25.00. It is the property owner’s responsibility to determine where the property lines are located. Proof of property lines is required prior to the zoning permit being approved. Please contact City Hall regarding these inspections between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- One story detached accessory structures used as a tool or storage, play houses/structures and similar uses, not to exceed 120 square feet in building area
- Driveway replacement/expansion and sidewalks
- Fences ( 6 feet or less)
- Non-Conventional Temporary Structures
- Patios, sport and tennis courts
- Retaining walls less than four (4) feet in height (retaining walls four (4) feet and taller require a building permit)
The City of Montgomery also requires various zoning compliance licenses. These include home occupations, external solid fuel-fired heating devices, and bed and breakfast licenses. Please reference the zoning code for particular requirements for these licenses.