It is the mission of the Montgomery Library to provide materials, services, facilities and programs to meet the recreational, educational, informational, and cultural needs of area residents of all ages.
The Montgomery Public Library anchors the south end of Montgomery’s Historic Downtown on the corner of 1st St. S and Oak Ave. SE and is located at 103 Oak Ave. SE. We are a member of the Traverse des Sioux regional library system that provides services to over 40 public libraries in nine (9) south central Minnesota counties.
The Montgomery Library offers materials in various formats including:
- Books (regular print, large print, audio and e-Books, at all age levels)
- Magazines (print and e-Magazines)
- DVDs and videotapes
- Music CDs
- Newspapers (local and state)
Check out the Traverse des Sioux website and:
- Click on eMedia to find links to eBooks, and eMagazines including instructions on how to download.
- Click on MnKnows to find links to MnLink (catalog of books throughout the state, and the ELM databases which include periodical databases with thousands of titles and full text articles for children and adults).
- Click on For Library Users and then For Kids to find links to homework help and online storytime to listen to stories read by professional actors.
Montgomery Area Friends of the Library
To support the Montgomery Library you may consider joining the Montgomery Area Friends of the Library. The Friends are involved in various fundraising projects throughout the year in order to raise money for library materials and programming. For more information contact the Montgomery Library at 507.364.7615!
|Karen Vlasak||Library Assistant|